Monday, December 15, 2008

Korean Laundy

Laundry at our apartment in Jugong Samcha:
Well, it's good for the environment here. Korean companies MAKE clothes dryers, but, not for Koreans! Nobody uses them. Everyone line dries on their enclosed balconies. Apparently in winter you dry your clothes on racks inside your apartment because the clothes would freeze on your completely uninsulated balcony (we will fight this as long as possible as the thought of laundry everywhere inside makes me crazy!!!). I bundle up in my parka and toque to keep warm while I hang the laundry at night on our chilly balcony!!

They're also good here at only washing with cold water. We don't even have the option with our apartment set-up of using hot water to wash clothes. That's okay, but soooo different from home!!!
Also of note about laundry in Butlerville, Korea, are my sweet laundry helpers (oh, Ben too, of course): Nathan and especially Elliot, LOVE to empty the laundry into the machine for me. It's great! Way to put that throwing arm to work, Elly!
They're the best.

No comments: